JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
PURPOSE: To assist with coordination of office services such as answering phones, greeting the public, purchasing and record keeping.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Proficient with computers; previous office experience is helpful; ability to work with a variety of people especially those of other races, cultures, and socio-economic backgrounds; good communication skills both written and verbal; organization and time management skills; an ability to maintain confidentiality along with representing the agency in a positive and professional manner.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: Responsibilities of the position fall into the following categories:
- Answer phones and direct calls to needed parties. Provide service to visitors.
- Coordinate incoming paperwork to appropriate department.
- Copy and scan materials as needed
- Coordinates collection of and preparation of incoming bills and support for accountant.
- Maintains personnel time and activity sheets and expense forms, and faxes when needed.
- Maintains personnel leave time (non-worked hours).
- Collects mail.
- Posts all cash deposits and donated goods to donor database.
- Check for accounting accuracy and double signatures for amounts over $250.
- Maintain check stubs in file cabinet.
- Performs general accounting assistance as directed by the accountant.
- Examines monthly bank statements.
- Type letters/correspondence. Occasional spreadsheets of information on Excel.
- Maintains agency directory/organizational chart.
- Maintains personnel birthday/anniversary calendar.
- Assist with organizing storage of supplies/materials.
- Assist employees and general public in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director.
SOS is an equal opportunity employer.
Send interest letter and resume to Connie Cahoone, SOS, Box 1191, Emporia, KS 66801 or email email@example.com