Kara Bishop wrote a wonderful article, If Your Kids Could Make The Rules of Divorce, that helps parents gain a perspective of what their children experience due to divorce. The SOS Child Visitation and Exchange Center provides a copy of this article to every parent utilizing the center at their first intake appointment. Almost all of the children served by the SOS Child Visitation and Exchange Center would agree that these are the best 10 rules for parents to follow!
- Don’t Say Bad Things About My Other Parent
- Keep Us Out Of Adult Stuff
- Don’t Make Me Feel Bad For Loving The Other Parent
- Learn To Get Along For Big Events
- Don’t Make Me Choose Sides
- No Fighting In Front Of Us
- Don’t Make Me A Messenger or Put Me In The Middle
- Don’t Share or Take Your Anger Out On Me
- Don’t Ask Me To Spy
- Give Me One-On-One Time With Both Parents
To read the article in full please visit The Huffington Post.